8 Ways to Holiday Giving
Here are eight ways to give this holiday season, to help others and to help those that help others.
- Minnesota's Give to the Max Day is on Thursday, Nov. 12. You are able to pick your favorite organization.
- Toys For Tots: Look for the big boxes that will collect toys for children up to age 15. Books, toys, games are welcome. Gift cards will help, too. Volunteers will be shopping on Thanksgiving evening. Call Mary Ann for more information at (507) 363-6911. Collection ends Dec. 15.
- Family to Family and/or Paper Angels. One to help a whole family and the other to help individuals.
- United Way Campaign is under way. They help many different local organizations.
- Salvation Red Kettle Campaign has two ways to give. One is to ring the bell and the other is to put money in the kettle.
- Volunteer your time to something you believe in: Humane Society, Beds for Kids, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Southern MN, Grandparents for Education all seek volunteers.
- American Red Cross has blood drives all year long in the area.
- Support organizations by going to their craft sales or breakfast/supper fundraisers.
Speaking of craft sales, there's an abundance of holiday craft sales on Saturday. One for local churches -- Charity Bazaar at the Steele County Community Center -- or to help local and oversea veterans and K-9s during the Christmas for Veterans at the Owatonna VFW. Click on the Event tab for a complete list.
Thank you for helping.