15 of the Top Hospitals in the World Are Here in Minnesota
It's not exactly a surprise, but another national survey says when it comes to hospitals in the world, you can't get better than the medical centers here in Minnesota.
Hearing that Mayo Clinic is ranked near the top of a national survey is about as shocking these days as a snowstorm happening in March in Minnesota, right during high school sports tournaments. We pretty much just expect it to happen, right?
But, once again, it IS pretty impressive that Rochester's own Mayo Clinic has been voted the best hospital in the world according to a 2023 national Newsweek survey. Yes, best in the WORLD... right here in the Gopher State.
According to the Newsweek 'World's Best Hospitals 2023' survey, Minnesota's own Mayo Clinic is ranked right there at the top of the list. Better than other big names-- in much bigger cities-- like Cleveland Clinic, which was ranked second in the world. Better than Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, which came in third in the world.
READ MORE: This MN Pizza Place Was Just Named One of Best in the US
And better the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore and UCLA Health - Ronald Reagan Medical Center in Los Angeles which rounded out the top five best hospitals in the world list for 2023, according to the Newsweek 2023 survey.
And, Mayo Clinic's other hospitals aren't exactly slouches, either. While they weren't numero-uno, like Mayo's hospitals in Rochester, they both still cracked the top 20, with Mayo's Jacksonville, Florida hospital ranked 17th and Mayo's Phoenix hospital ranked 19th on the list this year.
There were also 14 other hospitals here in the Land of 10,000 Lakes that made Newsweek 'World's Best Hospitals 2023' survey, as well, including:
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital (No. 53)
- M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Medical Center - West Bank East (No. 60)
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis (No. 104)
- Regions Hospital in St. Paul (No. 137)
- Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park (No. 182)
- Mayo Clinic Health System - Albert Lea and Austin (No. 193)
- M Health Fairview Ridges Hospital in Burnsville (No. 195)
- M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina (No. 196)
- Lake Region Healthcare Corporation in Fergus Falls (No. 284)
- Lakewood Health System in Staples (No. 309)
- Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids (No. 321)
- Cuyuna Regional Medical Center in Crosby (No. 339)
- Perham Health Clinic (No. 361)
- CentraCare Health - Monticello (No. 405)
This excellence in health care is no doubt why various leaders and VIPs from across the world have all made the trip to Minnesota for treatment here in Rochester. Keep scrolling to see which famous faces have been spotted here in Minnesota's Med City!
Listen to Curt St. John in the Morning
Weekdays from 6 to 10 a.m. on Quick Country 96.5