5 Things You Should Know About The Weekend Winter Storm
Weather forecasters with the National Weather Service are gaining confidence that a large winter storm will impact Minnesota on Friday and Saturday. However, they're still not sure on exact snowfall totals or when the snow is supposed to start and taper off. Here are the 5 things you should know about this winter storm.
1. There's a 90 percent chance of snow on Friday into Saturday. But, snow is actually in the forecast Tuesday night, Wednesday and again on Thursday night. Before Friday's storm we could see 1-3 inches of snow.
2. Winds will be powerful and could gust as high as 25 miles per hour on Friday. Saturday's wind will be upwards of 30 miles per hour.
3. We can expect up to a half a foot of snow or more on Friday alone with this winter storm in central Minnesota. Forecasters aren't sure on exact totals, but, they're estimating 6 to 8 inches of snow.
4. Temperatures will start to fall on Saturday with the overnight low forecast at 5 below.
5. The heaviest snowfall will impact the eastern half of Minnesota and western Wisconsin.