Celebrate National Milk Chocolate Day with These Sweet Treats to Make
Today is National Milk Chocolate Day, which means it is time to indulge in America’s favorite version of chocolate. Here are some different things you can eat or make to celebrate this amazing day!
Ingredients and steps from Betty Crocker include:
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 12 oz milk chocolate or 1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips (2 cups))
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur, kirsch, brandy or half-and-half
- Dippers (pound cake cubes, strawberries, pineapple chunks, apple slices, marshmallows)
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat half-and-half and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; remove from heat. Stir in liqueur. Pour into fondue pot or chafing dish.
- Spear Dippers with fondue forks; dip into fondue. (If fondue becomes too thick, stir in a small amount of half-and-half.)
Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
According to thebakingchocolatess.com the ingredients are peanut butter, butter, salt, and powdered sugar. Then for the chocolate portion, there is milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
The steps then include:
- Using a mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add the peanut butter and salt, and beat until smooth and combined. Add the powdered sugar, and beat on low until combined. The mixture will be crumbly, which is what you want.
- Roll the dough mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. You should have about 20 - 25 balls. refrigerate for 40-50 minutes or more.
- Take your peanut butter balls out of the fridge and get ready to coat them.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Dip each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate, and place each one onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let truffles set. You can quick-set them to get the chocolate to harden by placing them in the fridge for a 5-10 minutes.
Milk Chocolate Brownie Explosion
According to cheflindseyfarr.com, For the Milk Chocolate Brownies the ingredients include:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces milk chocolate (chopped )
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces milk chocolate (chopped)
For the Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- 5 ounces milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
The instructions then include:
- To Make Coffee Milk Chocolate Brownies: Preheat oven to 325° and line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment. Whisk together in a medium bowl the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter and 2 ounces chocolate in a microwave safe, large bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals on high power, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is smooth. Add sugar and instant coffee to the melted chocolate mixture, whisking to combine. Add the vanilla and egg, whisking until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Stir the cocoa mixture into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Fold in the remaining chocolate. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing out the batter to the edges with a spatula. Drop dollops of salted caramel into the batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the top is set. Do not overbake. The caramel will make it very difficult to tell when they are done.
- To Make the Milk Chocolate Ganache: Melt chocolate and heavy cream in a small microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until mixture is smooth.
Easy Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
The ingredients and steps from allrecipies.com include:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
Steps then include:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, instant pudding and sugar. Add the water, oil, eggs, and sour cream, mix until well blended. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar before cutting and serving.
All information is credited to the websites given for each recipe. Please click the links to find out more about them if need be. Have fun celebrating!