It’s Fish Fry Season: Here’s The Best Places To Get Fish in Owatonna
The Lenten season officially began yesterday. For those that are unaware, it is a Catholic tradition to give up meat on Fridays during Lent, which marks the return of beloved Fish Frys.
Whether you're Catholic or not, anyone can enjoy great fish at these Owatonna restaurants this Spring.
In no particular order:
- Knights of Columbus Hall - they have fish frys every Friday night throughout the Lenten season from 5 until 7 pm.
- The Kernel Restaurant - this local restaurant claims to have the best fish fry in Southern Minnesota. If you're lucky, you may even get to try their clam chowder soup!
- Owatonna Eagles 1791 - during Lent, the Owatonna Eagles serve up a three-piece cod dinner with a baked or mashed potato, country gravy, and full salad bar for $14. Kids ten and under can eat for $8, while kids five and under eat free.
- Torey's - this downtown staple offers some great fish and seafood options throughout the week, not just on Fridays. From Walleye to Salmon to Mahi, you're sure to find something special each Friday throughout Lent.
- Culver's in Owatonna - They serve up fish year-round, but during Lent, they have an amazing Walleye dinner worthy of a try if you're in a pinch.
- Hy-Vee in Owatonna - They have fish specials in their deli department every Friday for those who preferred a home-cooked meal.
I'm sure there are some restaurants in town that I missed. If one comes to mind when reading this article, make sure you drop it in the comments below so we can add it to this list.