Powerball Jackpot Soars Past Half-Billion Mark
No one matched all six numbers in Monday's Powerball drawing, increasing the jackpot to $508 million for Wednesday night's drawing.
The winning numbers drawn Monday were: 19-30-36-46-60, Powerball: 25.
A basic Powerball ticket costs $2, and to claim the big prize you'll need to match five numbers (1-69), plus the Powerball (1-26). The odds? 1 in 292,301,388.
Assuming you win the Powerball jackpot Wednesday tonight, you can choose the lump-sum cash option and take home $256 million.
The 10 Biggest Lottery Jackpots in U.S. History
- $1.586 Billion (Powerball) January 2016 - Split between three winners.
- $1.537 Billion (Mega Millions) October 2018 - One winner.
- $768.4 Million (Powerball) March 2019 - One winner.
- $758.7 Million (Powerball) August 2017 - One winner.
- $656 Million (Mega Millions) March 2012 - Split between five winners.
- $648 Million (Mega Millions) December 2013 - Split between two winners.
- $590.5 Million (Powerball) May 2013 - One winner.
- $587.5 Million (Powerball) November 2012 - Split between two winners.
- $564 Million (Powerball) February 2013 - Split between three winners.
- $559.7 Million (Powerball) January 2018 - One winner.
According to the Powerball website, Minnesota has had four grand prize jackpot winners in the past two years. In November of 2016 Michael Hawes was a winner, splitting $44.3 million. Paul Rosenau won in May of 2008, splitting an $88 million prize. In August of 2011 Thomas Morris came up big, splitting a $123.6 million jackpot. And in August of 2013 Paul White split a big $253.1 million prize.
Powerball drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday night. Good luck!
The Mega Millions jackpot has reset following last week's big winner, with an estimated total for tonight's drawing of $20 million, with a one-time cash payout option of $10 million.