Toys for Tots Application Period Now Open
Christmas might feel like a long way off, but the Steele County Toys for Tots have opened up their application period for families in need. The deadline to apply is December 4. Toy distribution will occur December 14-17.
Applications are available throughout the county.
- Steele County Public Health
- Community Pathways
- Steele County Employment Services
- Salvation Army
- Owatonna Public Library
- Minnesota Prairie County Alliance
- State Bank of Red Wing-Medford
- First National Bank-Hope
- Lerberg's Foods
- Ellendale Food Shelf
- Blooming Prairie Public Library
The completed form can be turned in to Minnesota Prairie County Alliance or Community Pathways. It can also be mailed to Steele County Toys for Tots/Family to Family, PO Box 199, Owatonna, MN 55060.
A change in distribution this year is due to the pandemic. A news release states, "Because of COVID-19, Steele County Toys for Tots will select and bag your gifts. Recipients will not be selecting their own toys as they have in the past. Please include the type of toys your children would like on the application."
The announcement came in a recent Tuesday Talk e-newsletter from the Owatonna Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism. Among the other member press releases,
- Run a 5K to support Owatonna and area Junior Achievement programs.
- Fame Awards reports that JumpStart Owatonna funding helped get their website up-to-date.
- Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation reported they are accepting applications for several grant programs.
- Check out all the news in the Tuesday Talk newsletter from the Owatonna Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism.